Large projects for excellent researchers (shortened English version)
The Government Office of the Slovak Republic, as the Implementer of Component 9 of the Recovery and Resilience Plan, announces that within Investment 3: Excellent Science, a call for support of outstanding scientific teams led by excellent researchers from Slovakia and abroad is being launched. These teams will carry out their research at research or innovation institutions in Slovakia.
The aim of the call is to attract or retain and support individual excellent researchers and their teams in carrying out research at research institutions in Slovakia. The support will be directed towards building and developing its own research team built around a particular excellent researcher/principal investigator.
Opening of the Call: 29.6.2023
Closure of the Call: 28.9.2023
Allocation: 53 863 200 €, of which:
- Resilience and Recovery Plan: 44 886 000 €
- Resilience and Recovery Plan – payment of VAT: 8 977 200 €
Maximum amount of funding: 3 000 000 EUR
Applicant eligibility criteria:
Eligible applicants are only legal persons with assigned identification number pursuant to Act No. 272/2015 Coll. on the Register of Legal entities, Entrepreneurs and Public Authorities amd pm Amendments and Supplements to Certain Acts.
For the purposes of the call, eligible applicants are:
- the state sector – which consists of the Slovak Academy of Sciences and legal entities carrying out research and development established by central state administration bodies,
- the sector of public research institutions, which consists of public research institutions,
- the higher education sector – consisting of public universities, state universities, private universities and their established legal entities carrying out research and development,
- the non-profit sector – consisting of non-profit organizations, civic associations and associations of legal entities carrying out research and development; and
- business sector – consisting of entrepreneurs who also carry out research and development as part of their business activities (micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, so-called SMEs; large enterprises).
Administrator: Government Office of the Slovak Republic
Granting Agency: Výskumná agentúra
RRF Component: 9